Zak Bagans Talks Ghost Adventures – Part 2: Entering Hell's Gate – Bobby Mackey'south Music Globe

Mail service Pollex:

/jan12/ghostadventuress.jpg

In anticipation of Flavour 6 of Travel Aqueduct's "Ghost Adventures", we go on our in-depth interview with frontman Zak Bagans (read Office One here). In this installment we go back to one of the crew's about challenging haunts, Bobby Mackey's Music World (Season 1, Episode 1; Flavour 4, Episode three), to talk about how it affected them.

zakheader - Zak Bagans Talks Ghost Adventures - Part 2: Entering Hell's Gate - Bobby Mackey's Music World

"When we went to Bobby Mackey'southward in Season 1, I was a idiot," says Bagans, candidly reflecting on the horrors that followed. "I didn't understand also much of this yet. Let me exist honest with yous… nosotros've grown a lot since then, and when nosotros went there, I did something really stupid. What happened there didn't really have an effect on me when I left. Information technology wasn't until we went dorsum in that location for an effect where nosotros invited a hundred people back to join us on a chase. Obviously since nosotros are experiencing these activities and we know how real it is to us, we wanted people to see these things happening. To experience them with us in the moment and so that they could draw their own conclusions. Y'all watch things like this on idiot box and you lot call back it's nothing more than but entertainment bullshit. That's why we figured nosotros should start doing these alive events inviting people to run into for themselves."

Bagans continues, "When we went dorsum there for the event, that is when this place permit us know, 'You screwed with us; now it's time for you to realize that nosotros're going to screw with you.' I've never experienced anything like that. Our get-go investigation tripped me out, only it didn't have an emotional effect on me. Information technology was more in the moment stuff. When we went back there, it afflicted everybody. It affected our guests. The just way to depict it… information technology was like we were all trapped in a horror moving picture. In that location were things that started happening that just shocked everyone. That'south why nosotros did a return episode and brought some of those people back to talk about what had happened to them. I had never heard of the Spirit Box until then, when Dave Schrader used it that night. Little things started happening at first. When we were downstairs in the basement, Nick and Dave and a bunch of people were upstairs and they captured my voice crystal clear maxim, 'Guys exist conscientious!' When they came downwardly and played my vox, information technology was clearly me. I'chiliad all the same processing that. Soon later on [name omitted]'s daughter came through loud and clear pleading, 'Mommy, mommy help!' It was surreal. Later we were down in the basement and me and Aaron were just continuing in that location, and it started talking about me. It started saying, 'Zak', 'your dad', 'Z human' – My dad calls me 'Z man' and there'south no way anyone could have known that except those closest to me. From in that location it went to Aaron and it started saying a bunch of shit to him about his union. It started poking fun at him. We thought that this was going to be a regular upshot. That it was gonna be fun. Once all this shit started happening… information technology was kind of like yous're at a party, yous're having fun, people are starting to poke jokes at ya, information technology's like a Comedy Central roast, ya know? Y'all're laughing. But and so after most ten minutes information technology'south like, 'Okay, holy shit, this is starting to become really creepy. Something's non right here.' That's when Aaron collapsed, rushed out, and went to a little cupboard upstairs and started crying the hardest I've e'er seen him cry. I knew something was wrong. When he went up there, myself and Matt Coates, the 250-pound bodyguard/head of security, went upstairs to where Bishop James was. Matt and I weren't feeling like ourselves. We wanted to basically murder and impale everybody in that place. We both just wanted to impale everyone who nosotros saw and rip their hearts out."

"That's when I realized that what was happening to us was real. That these spots are real. That demonic zipper is existent. These demons were screwing with us emotionally. I already knew that from the first trip we had to Mackey's… from what occurred and what nosotros captured. When this happened with Matt and I," Zak paused, choosing his words carefully while deep in thought, "this was different. We went upstairs and the Bishop took u.s.a. to a back room where he had this oil and holy water. He put holy water on my forehead and I had to go rinse it off in the bathroom considering I idea he put muriatic acid on my friggin' head. He put a medallion over Matt, and Matt couldn't even hold the medallion to his chest because it was burning so bad. At 1 point I had gone downwards into the basement once again with a girl named Nancy, who I had never met before. We were downwardly at that place investigating before whatsoever of this stuff had happened. She and I both saw this… this thing. And… it… it…" Zak laughs nervously while pausing. "This affair shot out of this dressing room and it ran towards the back wall. What was absurd was me and her both saw the aforementioned thing. This 'thing' was ducking its caput. Information technology didn't wait human. Information technology was ducking its head and information technology looked at us with these huge bright amber eyes. It simply glided across the floor into the darkness. After that me and her both froze. I looked at her, she looked at me, and I said, 'Don't tell me. What the hell did you just see?' to which she answered, 'I but saw this thing running, covering its head upwards, with cherry-red eyes.' At that point we backed upward. Nosotros backed upwardly and started taking some deep breaths, and we were like, 'Holy shit.' Those were just some of the things that happened during the event. Subsequently that information technology was just fury unleashed. [Proper noun omitted], a good friend of ours went home for iii weeks, he had a demonic zipper. Another friend, [name omitted], had things happen to her. The list just started going on and on. I could count 'em all! Then many people had actually bad things happen to them."

zakint8 - Zak Bagans Talks Ghost Adventures - Part 2: Entering Hell's Gate - Bobby Mackey's Music World

Zak wouldn't be left out of the chaos, though, equally whatever was at Bobby Mackey's was more than happy to make him a target too. "Things and then started happening at my business firm. When I got back from the event, I headed immediately back to my apartment. I was dating this girl, [name omitted]. "It was iii days later, and I just didn't feel like myself. I nevertheless wanted to kill people. One night we were sleeping in my bed where this rosary was… I woke upwardly in the middle of the night and I saw all these blackness shadow figures in my room. I scooped her up and we got out of at that place as fast equally we could. Afterwards that everything inverse. Over the form of the adjacent 3 years about 14-16 friends of mine, all female, accept been attacked in my house, and about 80% of them knew nothing nigh me or the show."

The terrors didn't stop at that place, however…

"The well-nigh profound thing happened when I got dragged out of bed past my ankles a couple months ago. Ever since then I've slept downstairs in a little tiny guest chamber at my house with the door locked. I will never slumber upwardly there again. I know it'southward all from Bobby Mackey'southward. When nosotros went dorsum there to exercise the return episode (Season 4, Episode three), we started revealing shit to each other and we started realizing how weird information technology was that Bobby Mackey is the only one who's never been attacked. He's the one that still doesn't believe that this is happening. Nevertheless, his own wife, who is now deceased, would never step pes in there. She would never get in at that place because of getting pushed down the stairs. Carl Lawson, the guy who was possessed at that place, just passed away. Bobby'due south best friend just passed away. I'm non saying that any of these deaths are related to the haunting, just yous gotta look at everything that has gone on. It's a movie. It's a real life movie. He is similar the guy from From Dusk Till Dawn at the Titty Twister that allows people to become into his bar and for these evil things to feed off of. He's the just bar owner I know of that was ever sued past a patron of his establishment because he was attacked by ghosts. The plaintiff won his instance, besides."

zakint9 - Zak Bagans Talks Ghost Adventures - Part 2: Entering Hell's Gate - Bobby Mackey's Music World

So would Zak and the crew ever head back to Bobby Mackey's Music World? "I don't ever want to get back there because I've been dealing with a lot of wellness issues and a lot of bullshit ever since we visited there. They become you in unlike ways, human. I've been freaked out because of that. Information technology hasn't been that fun and I'one thousand just done with that place. That's why you'll see… you'll notice in the new seasons and stuff I don't really taunt that much anymore, if I exercise at all. I'chiliad not going to lie to you; to this very day I am a little freaked out. I learned my lesson."

"In that location's some things that you just can't fight," Bagans continues. There'south some things that your niggling tight t-shirt and muscles can't fight. That's one of them, and it's forced me now to look at higher powers. One time I saw that holy water helped on my forehead… it changes your perspective a fleck. It besides helped me when I was in Italia (Flavor three, Episode three: "Poveglia Island"). When I felt that burning, I knew that that was existent. I knew that the power of that is real against it. At present I'm not a super religious guy, I don't go to church every Sunday, I don't heighten my hands upwardly in the air and sing and shit. But when I run into that this actually works? You lot have to believe in it because muscles, guns, weapons, that ain't gonna fight these things. Yous gotta see what works and I've seen what works. I'm still fighting them. I've seen my best friend Aaron be victimized so severely to the point where I became beyond concerned. That was incredibly scary. Information technology hit him hard. That wasn't a fun time, and I knew that something bad was having an effect on us and it stemmed from that place. I promise everything is okay now, but actually, I'chiliad done with everything concerning that place. People watch this shit on TV as it is perceived to be entertainment, but this show is about our lives, it'southward well-nigh our passion. We didn't audience for this testify, nosotros're not actors. What we do is very emotional, it's very real, and we're very passionate about information technology. That's why nosotros like inviting people in to witness these events. Some people that take jobs that are risky only they love their jobs. Look at folks like Dale Earnhardt… he and others like him face potentially fatal risks every time they do their chore, just they however do it. One time I've seen what this can practise and what this tin can open up, I've kind of accepted that. Information technology'due south deep, man; it'southward deeper than almost people recall. You simply gotta go out there and witness it for yourself, just I'm not gonna bring people like that back to a place where they are in jeopardy or harm. I have kind of taken responsibility for that upshot."

"Equally a human being you don't desire to believe what scientists haven't told you is true," says Bagans. "You want to reject it. You lot don't want to believe in it, your body doesn't want to believe in it because they haven't proven information technology. All the same, when you do experience it… everything changes. Everything. The way that you look at things, your family, life, moments of just happiness, people you lot meet, every laugh. It'southward not a depressing job, merely you lot just see how precious life is and how brusque it is, and yous merely want to make the best of information technology. Brand an impression. That'south why y'all want to search for the afterlife, because expiry is a scary thing and it's very serious. Me doing this has overcome my fear of expiry because I know something else is after this. Not everybody believes in that, and I don't requite a shit. We love our lives and we dear our fans, and that's the most of import thing."

Look for the concluding part of our interview in the coming days. In it we'll be discussing what'due south side by side for Zak and the "Ghost Adventures" crew, and Zak will exist answering some fan questions we got from Twitter. Stay tuned.

For more info be sure to visit "Ghost Adventures" on Travel Aqueduct. "Ghost Adventures" Flavour half dozen premieres on March 9th, 2012.

zakint1 - Zak Bagans Talks Ghost Adventures - Part 2: Entering Hell's Gate - Bobby Mackey's Music World
VISIT THE EVILSHOP @ AMAZON!
Got news? Click here to submit information technology!
Be adventurous in the comments department below!
Sign up for The Harbinger a Dread Central Newsletter